Pinocchio has been a friend of Ireland AM for many years. We would like to share the recipes Giuseppe Crupi, director of the Pinocchio Italian Cookery School, prepared live on the program to show how to embrace traditional dishes.
The recipe of the day is: Sicilian Amaretti Biscuits.
Perfect for a sweet break or as dessert at the end of a meal, accompanied by coffee, liqueurs or sweet wines.
2 egg whites
(or you can use 200 g of sweet almonds and add less sugar)
- In a blender, chop the almonds and half the sugar until you obtain a smooth powder.
- The remaining half of the sugar should be whipped together with the egg whites.
- Then add the chopped almond powder, mixing carefully to obtain a mixture without lumps.
- Form the dough into balls and place them on a baking tray, spaced apart from each other.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Come to Pinocchio Cookery School to have fun with your friends making some tasty Italian food from scratch.
For more recipes have a look HERE